Skip to content

Manor House (not open to visit)

The Manor House is situated on Main Street. It is a Victorian residence built in 1863 on the site of an earlier building which was believed to have been built around 15th century, the same time as the Dovecote. Unfortunately the original building was destroyed by fire. There was no record of the architecture; we only know that it was built for Thomas Westland Rowland. Records show that the property was still with the family in 1890 when Mrs. Rowland opened the grounds for the Loughborough and District Boat Club Regatta.

The Paget family lived in the property sometime in the 19th century when they purchased a large amount of land in the village.

The building has been restored and now is home to the Glazebrook family.


This site is grateful for the support of local businesses and organisations including 

Soar Valley ServicesPeter Tyers AssociatesFarmer & Carlisle

The Plough Inn Artificial Lawn Solutions

 for more information about their goods or services please click on the links above